PDA

View Full Version : Jackknife Sofa Removal

FredF
04-13-2018, 04:45 AM
I'm planning to replace my jackknife sofa with a love seat recliner. Does anyone have any experience removing one and/or installing a recliner ? Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Chuck v
04-13-2018, 09:35 AM
Fred,

We would need to have more information on which RV you have and know if the sofa is on a slide or on the main floor of the coach (or trailer) of course.

For my 2007 Tour Master T40-C the jackknife sofa was simply bolted to the floor and the seat belts were separate mountings. I have a recliner now where this sofa was originally, but did not remove the seat belts and simply wound them up and stored them against the wall in the event a later owner wanted to re-install the sofa (which is currently stored...)

I can imagine that removing floor mounted furnishings that are on a slide section is a bit more involved, however.

Chuck

FredF
04-13-2018, 10:16 AM
I have a 2017 Conquest 6320 motor home. The sofa is in the slide. There are bolts holding it to the floor and bolts attaching to the sides of the sofa. I don't know how the sides are attached though. One side is against the slide and the other side is against the dinette backing. I thought the side bolts might go right through to slide and dinette. I guess I'll find out when I remove them.
Thanks for your help.

Frutza
04-14-2018, 12:55 PM
On removing our sofa, the end, arm rest unbolt to make 3 pieces

FredF
04-16-2018, 05:18 AM
I removed the bolts holding it to the floor and sides. The sofa is loose and the arm rests are still attached even though I took 3 bolts out each side. Now I'm waiting for my son to help me lift it up over a small "wall" that's attached to the dinette and protrudes about 4 inches in front of the sofa. Except for the seat belts the floor is flat and unobstructed. It should be relatively easy to install 2 Lazy Boy recliners. They are on order but take about 7 weeks.
I'm planning to bolt the recliners down to the floor. The shouldn't be any movement when we're driving.