PDA

View Full Version : Replacement 120v breaker type

riverofcode
05-03-2018, 12:59 PM
I am looking to swap out a single 120v breaker for a double circuit one but without taking the old one out I was wondering if anyone knows what brand/model replaces them? I have a 2008 Tourmaster T40c. I am not looking to overload the panel but rather I really don't like the workdesk outlets running off my inverter circuit. There are several double breakers in the panel already so I know they are available....hopefully at a local bigbox hardware store.

thanks

Chuck v
05-03-2018, 07:55 PM
Scott,

All the 110 volt breakers in the panel under my residential refrigerator are Cutler-Hammer brand.

Chuck

riverofcode
05-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the info Chuck. I was kinda hoping you might see my query since I guessed you might have the answer. :D

riverofcode
05-21-2018, 11:05 AM
As a follow up to this post... I picked up a "BR" type Cutler Hammer breaker with dual 20 amp breakers in one. Swapped out the middle A/C unit breaker and put it in its place. The 2nd circuit was for a direct line over to the desk on the slide. I removed the old 14 gauge wire and replaced it with #12 romex and ran #10 rubber coated thru the slide arm where I removed the #14 rubber wire. I didn't want my workstation outlets on the inverter circuit since the wife wanted a "fireplace" plugged in there and would only use it if on shore power anyway. I just need to neaten up the romex in the basement now. I am also swapping out all the RV type duplex outlets for real residential outlets. Those smash together insulation displacement outlets scare me.