PDA

View Full Version : Hyd. system

trickto322
03-10-2007, 02:02 PM
After reading "Coolchas11" post I went out to see if my hyd. system was leaking. No leaks found anywhere, good news right? About 3 days later we were at a park in St. Augustine, Florida and the slide room will not come in and the jacks will not come up. I ran out to see if the hydraulic line was leaking and again no leak. I figured since we have coachnet we would use it. They told us it would be at least a 4 hour wait and we would have to pay up front and then get our money from Gulfstream. I don't know if Charlie had to do that. When I heard all of this I went back down to where all of the hydraulic hoses are and took the cover off to see if I missed something. I found a fill cap that I removed to find the tank bone dry. If I do not have a leak it must have come from the dealer (or factory) that way. It took a quart of fluid and all was well. I think BOAT "N" RV in PA. should have checked all of the levels before delivery. I have our PCI on tape and they did not show us this at all. I had plenty of units with hydraulic slides and never had to worry about fluid level. This is our first motorhome and we are getting a real leaning experience. :(

coolchas11
03-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi, Adrian and Johnnie. CoachNet never even mentioned payment. The shop that did the repairs had us sign a CoachNet form for payment, as well as the bill for PowerGear. With ours there was fluid in the base plate in addition to the carpeting. When are you returning to CT? Charlie

trickto322
03-14-2007, 09:41 PM
We will be at Hammonassett state park July 28 - Aug. 18 site PTK 22. Charlie and family and any other Gulfstreamer even potentials are invited. :lol: