PDA

View Full Version : Easy Shock Add to Trailers

Coolbreeze
03-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Folks,

I wanted to add shocks to the trailer to help get rid of some of the rough ride, chucking as they call it. I also definetely didn't want to buy one of those $800 pin boxes.

Here was my approach: The roughness doesn't come from the pin box it comes from the tranfer of weight. So why change the pin box as it is really only a bandaid and acts to isolate the weight transfer, "chucking" from the Tow Vehicle but doesn't solve the problem. Shocks to the trailer will help solve the problem. They will also relieve some stress on the trailer itself.

I started reasearching adding shocks to the trailer, looked under neath the trailer and low and behold their are shock mounts already on the trailer. WAY TO GO GULFSTREAM! Proceeded to call up Gulfstream and they have me a shock # Monroe 555025. Shockwarehouse.com had great prices and now I can't wait to see how good they work.

Timothy
03-23-2007, 03:38 PM
I ordered mine with shocks so I don't know how it would be without them, but I have never experienced the chucking you describe so maybe they were worth the extra $$$!

richinva
03-24-2007, 07:54 PM
I also put shocks on my rig and I noticed a difference, you will love them check out napa I think thats where I found them the cheepest.

jeffinsalida
05-24-2010, 10:05 PM
I added them to my rear kitchen model....it allowed me to get the DW approval to keep this trailer. We were headed for a trade otherwise.