PDA

View Full Version : Door sticking on my fantastic fan

darbyjudy
03-27-2007, 09:14 AM
I have been having trouble with the door sticking on the fantastic fan, I was having to force it open and was afraid I was going to break something. I contacted Fantastic Fan and they sent me a new gasket and a tube of sealer to put the gasket on and the instructions to replace the new gasket. I got to give it to Fantastic Fan they care enough for their product to make it work correctly for the customer. I just wish Gulfstream ws the same.

RJ82much
03-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Darby,

Did that solve the sticking problem?

I've got the same problem with mine. Didn't know if I should lube the gasket, or what to do. I know I have to resolve it before we go traveling again, because the little motor won't open it on it's own, yet has enough torque to close it so it won't open the next time.

Thanks

djqualls
03-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Same here with the platunim one that has the remote, etc...

I have to give it some manual assist sometimes to get it to start opening. I think it is heat realted becuause when it is cool ot opens fine.

Timothy
03-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Just called them, they have information on thier web site.

http://www.fantasticvent.com/faq/knowledge_base/frequently_asked_questions/frequently_asked.html

darbyjudy
03-27-2007, 06:38 PM
I replaced the seal on the fan today 3/27 so at this time I really don't know if that solved the problem or not. I did notice that the inside of the lid on the fan had some rough spots on it so I took some fine sand paper and made them smooth. It was suggested in the packet I received to leave the door open for 24 hours to let the glue dry before using the fan. I will let you know the result of this repair in a few days.

GStream40
03-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Gee, I thought ours was the only one that had the sticking problem. Good information, guess I will also have to call Fantastic Vent.

Thanks everyone for the info,
Ron

GStream40
03-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Called Fantastic Vent about the sticking problem with ours today and they are senting a new seal.
I also talked to them about a "whine" the fan motor has when on the middle speed and they are also senting a new fan motor. No charge for anything.
This sure is a great company that supports their products.

Ron