PDA

View Full Version : medicine cabinet

Deryl
04-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi folks,
I have a very trivial problem that I am hoping someone can help we with. How do you keep your items in place in the medicine cabinet? Are there spring loaded tension rods to put in place? Every time we arrive at a new destination and go back and open the cabinet, well, it all ends up on the floor. So we just put every thing in a basket under the sink. I have looked for tension rods but can't find any that short. I could drill holes in the sides, screw eye hooks in place then run wire or a small bunge cord or maybe a heavy duty rubber band acrodd but there must be a better way. thanks,
Deryl and Elke
2003 Independence, 32'
Rockport, Tx

RJ82much
04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Deryl,

Got to admit that we have the same problem. We've (temporarily) solved it by placing the loose items in the sink - same idea as you filling a basket for stowage in the cabinet under the sink. A less than satisfactory solution.

I have been looking for a source of nylon netting or webbing. Some of us might have a sample in the overhead compartment over the driver & passenger seat. That netting is maybe 1 inch spacing. I can't find any source of perhaps 1/2 inch. This would be ideal to clip onto the face of various storage areas in the motor home. Is this a clear enough description?

The only source I've found todate is huge rolls of the stuff, several thousand $'s each.

earljan34
04-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey guy's I solved the problem with small narrow baskets from the dollar store 3 for a $1 if I remember right this way everything stays in place and does not fall out.

Earl

Deryl
04-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Hello Earl,
But how do you keep the baskets from falling out? Anything that we put in that cabinet will fall out as soon as we open the door,
Deryl

Deryl
04-04-2007, 08:16 PM
well now thinking about it I guess you could screw those baskets down and that would do the trick.
Deryl and Elke
2003 Independence, 32' 8301
Rockport,Tx.

Maggie
04-04-2007, 08:29 PM
We have a BT and the inside of the medicine cabinet is plastic.
My husband drilled small holes in each side about 2 inches from the
bottom of the shelves and placed small dowel rods in the holes. Measure the inside of your cabinet and make the dowel about an inch longer. Slip
the dowel in one side as far as it will go and you should have room to
put the other end in. I would think that this would also work if the inside of your cabinet is wood.

Deryl
04-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Hi Maggie,
Another great idea and it is something I can do. In fact I think I have some of those small dowels in my work shop. Thanks a bunch for the idea,
Deryl and Elke
2003 Independence 32' Model 8301
Rockport, TX.

earljan34
04-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Deryl, We lined the shelves with a non-skid liner first have had no problem even on back roads, I did the same to all the cabinets and drawers

Earl

Larry Moore
04-05-2007, 08:33 AM
I went to Walmart and bought a cheap spring loaded curtain rod with rubber ends
Larry

CAR
04-17-2007, 02:03 PM
I bought small spring rods at camping world to use thare and in some of my cabinets. I think I first got them a few years age to use in the fridge. They work great in the medicine cabinet, in fact I usually just leave them in all the time.