PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Avatar Picture Size

by8s
04-15-2007, 05:39 PM
I have been trying to reduce a picture of my unit to 6K so I can add it to my signature. Tried a couple different programs can reduce the size in the program but the resized picture still comes out to 227K. It can't be that difficult can it? :oops:

Timothy
04-15-2007, 06:13 PM
I have been trying to reduce a picture of my unit to 6K so I can add it to my signature. Tried a couple different programs can reduce the size in the program but the resized picture still comes out to 227K. It can't be that difficult can it? :oops:

Try emailing the picture to yourself, open the picture and click the email option, a window will open asking if you would like to make the picture smaller ( this will reduce the file size not always the image size), when you open the email you can resize it. I know there are other ways but this is the simplest that I have found, I dont have any fancy photo software.

Tim

by8s
04-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks Tim. I emailed from Yahoo Email to Outlook Express and back and couldn't get it to work, so scrounged around and found a free program called XnView that got me in the ball park. Will try to improve it on a rainy day.
Bob

Timothy
04-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks Tim. I emailed from Yahoo Email to Outlook Express and back and couldn't get it to work, so scrounged around and found a free program called XnView that got me in the ball park. Will try to improve it on a rainy day.
Bob

Bob, glad you got it going. I should have said to open the photo from my pictures and email it from there. Sorry.......Tim