PDA

View Full Version : water tank

scottc79
04-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Has anyone had any problems with there water tank when is filled up and going down the road. I was reading on another forum where several people have had problems with there tanks coming loose from the weight of the water. and being told be the makers of some 5th wheels not to fill them up and dont drive with water in them. It sounds like that would defeat the purpose of having a water tank if i cant travel with it full. I dont want mine coming off though and cant see it from the under body protection. thanks for your help.

Timothy
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Hi Scott, I never had a problem with mine. I usually have it at least 1/2 full when I travel and sometimes it is filled all the way. It's supposed to be 60 Gallons but I never checked it. The level indicators have never worked, always show 1/3 full. :cry:

lockdoc
04-27-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm with Tim on this one. I also travel with my tanks full (unless I am going non-stop to a park with full hookups) and never had a bit of an issue with my GS or my previous toyhauler.

In the fiver, I think it handles better with the tank full....might be in my head tho! LOL :D

oubruceb
05-19-2007, 09:41 PM
My water tank on my prairie schooner fell down. It was easy to tell because my bottem had a large dent in it where the tank was. Gulfstream paid to have it fixed and the bottom replaced where the bow was. They took care of me, of course it was still under warranty. You don't have to worry about the weight of 60 gallons because it won't hole near that much. Maybe 30-35 gallons even though the brochure says differently. Gulfstream also counts the water heater. Fill your tank and then measure the amount you get out. Mine was 32 gallons instead of 60.