PDA

View Full Version : Some interior modifications

ethomps1
05-15-2007, 09:37 AM
We've lived with our Amerilite for just over two years now, and finally have made some easy modifications which are posted in this site:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ethomps1/Camper2005AmeriliteByGulfstream

We have traveled and lived in the trailer for a couple of years just to see how things work and what we like and don't like. Mostly, it's things that we like. :D

Timothy
05-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Nice, thanks for sharing.

RJ82much
05-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Liz, I wanted to tell you that I apperciated your photos illustrating your internal mods & improvements.

Good inventive uses for velcro,,, the magic material.

We built a key (& teddy bear) holder shelf over our entry door. Also, filled our hanging-clothes closet with Sterilite (WalMart) container drawers just like you. Since we are T-shirt & Jean/shorts people, we have no clothes-hanging needs.

Now, if I could find a source for "netting" to fasten across shelves while traveling & removed while stationary, I'd be so happy. I found sources where I could buy rolls of the stuff, but don't need 300 feet & $1000 investment (I made up those numbers, but typical) just to hold my coffee pot & cups on the shelf.

ethomps1
05-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Now, if I could find a source for "netting" to fasten across shelves while traveling & removed while stationary, I'd be so happy. I found sources where I could buy rolls of the stuff, but don't need 300 feet & $1000 investment (I made up those numbers, but typical) just to hold my coffee pot & cups on the shelf.

What about fishnets? Or bungee coards - some of the ones from Harbor Freight.. Ebay has some fish netting that looks like it could work (Item #270120690890 or 290119969844). Trellis netting might be adapted to what you need.

Good luck!

justlizz
05-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Liz great photos I made Hubby put shelves in the wardrobe as we dont hang to much
lizz

ethomps1
05-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I would love to do that, but hubby doesn't want to give up the closet (that we don't use to it's fullest potential) for the shelves. Maybe he's just afraid that his t-shirts will be wrinkled...... :lol:

I might just have to get out there and do it myself.

justlizz
05-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Tell him the t-shirt wrinkles will match his face ones
lizz