PDA

View Full Version : Our first Class C

RayandPamTaylor
06-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi all, we took delivery of our 2007 Conquest 6280 this past Feb. and we love it, only been out twice with it, but we have plans for later in the year. the only question we have is it came with an extra key, it is the same size as the CH751 key but has teeth on both sides, it has "J236" on it?? anyone have a clue what its for??

lockdoc
06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
First of all....congrats and welcome to the Gulfstream Owners Forum! The CH751 is for the compartments and the other one should be for your side entry door.

I hope this helps! Have a great camping season! :D

RayandPamTaylor
06-14-2007, 04:21 AM
No, I have two others that fit the door, the J236 key came as a single key all the others came in duplicates. :?: :?

earljan34
06-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Ray & Pam Welcome to the forum! :D The key you are referring to is the gas door key on mine anyway. Hope this helps you.

Earl & Jan

lockdoc
06-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Ray & Pam Welcome to the forum! :D The key you are referring to is the gas door key on mine anyway. Hope this helps you.

Earl & Jan

That was going to be my next guess too! As my fiver doesn't need a gas door....I hadn't thought of that till after I posted! I bet that Earl has it right on!! :wink:

When I punched the code into my locksmith program it didn't come up with much to help me determine what it was for. :lol:

RayandPamTaylor
06-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Well our conquest has no gas door? only a gas cap :? and its not a locking one. Maybe someday I will figure it out. Thanks for the help. :D

earljan34
06-15-2007, 05:03 AM
My guess would be that you have a key that was intended for a model with a gas door as that # key (J236) is definitely a gas door key, On the SunVoyager anyway !!

Earl

GStream40
06-15-2007, 08:24 AM
Well if you ever need gas in a pinch, just look for a Sunvoyager and use your key. :lol: :wink:

Ron

RJ82much
06-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Well if you ever need gas in a pinch, just look for a Sunvoyager and use your key. :lol: :wink:

Ron

Ha Ha Ha Ron, that'd be funny if it weren't so darn serious. I'm sure you noticed on the factory tour, that keys were lying all over the floor... everywhere!

My gas cap door lock is a J236, though the key that works is an ILCO 1629 TM15 ... go figure.

My compartments are opened with any of a handful of HF315 keys, though the handful of CF315 keys also opens most of them... go figure again. and why 2 handfuls of keys...... (hint: because the janitor needed to get rid of some of those on the floor)

I have multiple TM225 and a TM205 that I would have expected either to be for the driver's door, but neither opens, though budges it. My (former) dealer worked on that problem during 2 service calls - could not get lock to work either time. These are difficult tasks apparently.

I also have 2 different keys that operate the entry door deadbolt. One is an ILCO TM series, the other a TR series (possibly a lockshop duplicate).

cookiehh
09-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey! We just got us a 1994 GS Conquest and we have 2 # 751 keys. Where did you say that sunvoyger was? I just had to say that. Me and Mama Cookie are glad we found this site. It seems to be a good place to solve all our RV problems when they pop up. We had 2 motorcycles we were getting to old for and the dealer where we got the RV took both as trade-in and we couldn't refuse his offer. Pardon me hijacking the tread but wanted to say hey and find the sunvoyger. Bill & Cookie

RJ82much
09-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi Cookihh,

Welcome!! You probably missed the prior conversation about my free-range rottweiler. It's a "gas" to see him chewing on legs...

No particular reason why I mention that. Ha Ha Ha.

Seriously though, welcome to our group.

earljan34
09-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey Bob I almost forget that we have the same keys for the gas door and compartments I will make sure that my tank is low when we arive in NY next weekend as you don't have to travel far your's should be full will save me a lot of money!!!! HA-HA-HA :lol: :lol: :lol: (PS please park close to me as I only have a 25 ft hose!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Earl

RJ82much
09-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey Earl,

Remember in New Hampshire when you thought I was hooking up water & sewer, and playing with all those wires? I never did thank YOU for the half tank of fuel (and some LP) that I got from YOU.....

Yes, you should get some back,,, sort of a return on "investment"

As always, please use caution in the approach,,,, free-range Pat has a bite like the Rotti, plus she's quicker.

earljan34
09-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Hey Bob, I can sum up that in one word! On being quick that is! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OUTCH!!! :lol: :lol:

Earl