PDA

View Full Version : where is the wire?

hyall
07-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi all

On my Tourmaster as a after thought they installed and electric reel for the cord this was supposed of been done at gulfstream but installed at thhe dealer well they connected it to the lite power I want it by itself anybody have any my ideal where the wire is? for the reel its prewired but its not in the basement I found the fuse and a purple wire comes off of it just cant trace it

Arthur Hayes
07-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Gulf Stream installed mine, I will look at it and see if I can find out how they did it and get back to you. May be a few days, my schedule is kind of busy tomorrow and Saturday.

hyall
07-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Gulf Stream installed mine, I will look at it and see if I can find out how they did it and get back to you. May be a few days, my schedule is kind of busy tomorrow and Saturday. re

hey thanks see if wires go to the lite fixture if so same set up and if not can you tell from where its coming from, I crawded all under there and open casings and just couldn't find that one wire If not I'll just run a individual from panel under refrig to the area of basement. lts lots of work lol

thank you
russ

Arthur Hayes
07-30-2007, 06:28 PM
OK Russ, I finally got to check the wiring and the factory did not run the wire to the light. The light is totally separate from the reel. The reel motor wire (purple) goes to the circuit breakers which are mounted on the side of the bed. My unit had at least 2 breakers that were free. The freezer and the engine heater. I did not lift the bed to see which one they used. The reel motor is grounded to the compartment housing. This is a simple wiring job, except for raising the bed.

Art

hyall
07-30-2007, 09:28 PM
thank you art

russ