PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Shower

wilsonballew
08-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, I took the coach down and had the tires rebalanced. This seems to have improved the ride, although not until we got on some better highways did I begin to feel better about the purchase. Unfortunately, we have some terrible interstate highways in Western Washington, and the Conquest pointed out the true condition of our roads; our weekend trip to Eastern Washington and better roads allowed me to get a much better feel for the coach.

After a complete shakedown, two problems found - one major and one minor. The major problem: After using the shower, water was seeping from both the outside shower area, as well as from under a cabinet next to the refrigerator (which is behind the shower), where the power inverter is located. Since the amount of water leaking is not small, and I don't see any obvious cracks or uncaulked seams, I'm going to assume the drain is probably leaking; oh well, back to the dealership for repair. The other problem is one of the surround sound speakers does not work (all wiring looks connected).

If anyone else has had a problem with a leaky shower on a model Conquest W6296 any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

mfa
08-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Here is one possibility (http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?t=923&highlight=)

Another possibility is the seams where two panels come together down around ankle level inside the shower. If you lean against the upper panel, you can generate a gap that water leaks through. I applied clear silicon caulking along the seam.