PDA

View Full Version : slide out seal

justlizz
08-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I have spent all afternoon cleaning my 5ers roof and as it had not been done for 2 yrs you can guess how bad it was but now am sorting slide out and the black rubber seals down the side are sticking what do I put on them? and where do I put it please try and tell me a mix not a trade name as everything is called by another name here
lizz

SueMac
08-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi Lizz,

We use Camco's Rubber Seal Foaming Conditioner. It comes in a blue and yellow spray can and we spray it right on the slide seals we can reach. We've used it on all our previous RV's and our Super Nova. Keeps the seals supple and they seem to lay the right way if we keep them soft. We got the stuff at Camping World, but I'd think other RV places would have it too.

SueMac

justlizz
08-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Hi Sue I have the problem of being in the UK and we dont have slideouts on the vans over here so I need something that I can buy here
lizz

SueMac
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Darn! Hope you can find something. Liquid saddle soap? But that probably has petroleum and they say not to use that on rubber.

SueMac

coolchas11
08-11-2007, 09:22 PM
We use silicone spray, which I would assume you have in the UK. Charlie

justlizz
08-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks Charlie yes I have white silicone spray do you spray both sides of the black seal? sorry for being a thicko
lizz

GStream40
08-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks Charlie yes I have white silicone spray do you spray both sides of the black seal? sorry for being a thicko
lizz

Lizz,

I use a clear silicone spray lubricate on any side that I can get it on the seals. Can buy at most auto parts supply stores.

Ron

justlizz
08-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks for all your help I will do it tomorrow washed the van today getting ready for a 6-8 week trip to France Spain and Belgium
lizz