PDA

View Full Version : Front Windshield Curtains

by8s
08-22-2007, 11:02 PM
We are wondering if it's alright to wash the front windshield curtains, or to be safe, have them dry cleaned.

Curt Krueger
08-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi,
We have an 05 Crescendo and had a roof leak on the right front which dripped down through the cabinet above the door and down onto the front curtain. We have a very large water stain and are not sure what to do. Tried the GS customer service route but you know what happens there.

So, if you find out what works , we would really like to know. I'm afraid to try to wash for fear of ruining it.

Curt and Judy

rdlamb
08-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Have Mother in Law, who has a dog, who lifted leg on my front curtains.

Had curtains dry cleaned, bitch to remove and replace, came clean and look great. Doubt they are machine washable.

Now, how to replace the Mother in Law and her little dog too.

rdlamb
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Have Mother in Law, who has a dog, who lifted leg on my front curtains.

Had curtains dry cleaned, bitch to remove and replace, came clean and look great. Doubt they are machine washable.

Now, how to replace the Mother in Law and her little dog too.

by8s
08-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi,
We have an 05 Crescendo and had a roof leak on the right front which dripped down through the cabinet above the door and down onto the front curtain. We have a very large water stain and are not sure what to do. Tried the GS customer service route but you know what happens there.

So, if you find out what works , we would really like to know. I'm afraid to try to wash for fear of ruining it.

Curt and Judy

Based on what rdlamb said, just to be safe, I think we will have them dry cleaned. They appear to be nearly the same as a set of household drapes.

Bob

djqualls
08-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Well I read this thread and got all excited! I took my curtains off of my Tourmaster since the bottom of them drag along the dash and have gotten dirty from dust. They have lost their crease in the pleats as well.

I went to three (3) different dry cleaners who wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole! :cry:

Called two different numbers at Gulfstream got one full mailbox and the other just didn't answer. So I just took a blind stab at a similar 4 digit extension and got a mailbox for dealer parts service, left a message and will spend my lottery winnings before they call back I'm sure. (BTW haven't yet won the lottery) :wink:

Anyway.

Does anyone know where to find the replacement curtains? Or know of the manufacturer? I see a lot of curtains on the internet for motorhomes but they aren't like mine and no way would they store like mine do.

Any help would be appreceiated.

P.S. Had a show the other day and there were 4 new Prevosts there and I love their windshield blinds. They were pull downs like on motor home side windows. very slim precise fitting. Of course it was on a Prevost Tour Bus.

djqualls
08-28-2007, 01:31 PM
A lady from GS called this morning and I told her what I needed. She said she would find a part number and price and call me back.

They do check voicemail :lol: !

Will post an update when I get response.

I'm very excited to be able to actually talk to someone there.

by8s
08-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I just emailed a dealer about 130 miles from me that has given me good information in the past just as diqualls was posting his last. Haven't taken mine down yet. Will let you know what I find out.
Bob

rdlamb
08-28-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm not a dry clean expert, but took my curtains to one. Cost me 44.00 to have them dry cleaned. No problems, no ten foot pole.

The dry cleaner checked the curtains, along one end is a tag that satisfied her. So, a couple of days later they were cleaned, folded, hung on hangers, covered with plastic, and waiting for me.

Do not know why your cleaners objected, but mine came out great. They also drag on the dash, a little. Still do, so didn't shrink with cleaning.

Would like to change them with the new MCD shades on the new 2008 Tour Masters.

rdlamb
08-28-2007, 09:53 PM
If you are thinking about replacing your curtains, try this link. My research tells me these are top notch.

www.mcd-rv.com (http://www.mcd-rv.com)

Good luck.

djqualls
08-28-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm not a dry clean expert, but took my curtains to one. Cost me 44.00 to have them dry cleaned. No problems, no ten foot pole.

The dry cleaner checked the curtains, along one end is a tag that satisfied her. So, a couple of days later they were cleaned, folded, hung on hangers, covered with plastic, and waiting for me.

These are one piece per side pleated and fold across to about 5 inches thick with about 2 inch pleats. No Tags. A couple of plastic rods in each as well. If these were regular curtain type I wouldn't of had any problem.

I like the mcd web page. I think I will call them tomorrow.

Thanks for the responses.

Dave.......

by8s
08-29-2007, 01:32 PM
The results of my email to the dealer was:
"Here is a retail phone number that may be of help: 800 482 6456."
Bob

djqualls
08-29-2007, 10:36 PM
For the record... I'm still waiting on that GS rep to call me back with the part number and price.

by8s
08-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Well....I finally took mine to a local dry cleaner yesterday. They say they no longer will accept pleated drapes and I had to sign a rather lengthy statement of understanding about what may happen to drapes that have been hanging in a window for any length of time. So, if they shred in the process MCD RV sounds good. The real kicker is that they won't be done until September 11. The sheet I hung in the windshield in the meantime makes us look like real rednecks.
Bob

rdlamb
09-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Do not know where my other reply went. Cyberspace ate it.

Time to change that sheet Bob, it is late Saturday and all good rednecks clean up at least once a week.
Take care

RJ82much
09-12-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm sorry that I don't have much info on the care of our privacy curtains.

I can report that they are likely: "91 x 46 privacy curtains w tiebacks", color: Delmar Almond

by:
Decorator Industries
1614 Eisenhower Dr, N
Goshen, IN 46526

Phone: 574-533-8641

Their website, http://www.decoratorindustries.com remains unfinished, ie: "coming soon".

My guess is that you can contact them by phone, explain that your curtains are used on a GulfStream motor home, and they will be able at least to advise how to care for their product

djqualls
09-12-2007, 10:17 PM
A lady from GS called this morning and I told her what I needed. She said she would find a part number and price and call me back.

They do check voicemail :lol: !

Will post an update when I get response.

I'm very excited to be able to actually talk to someone there.

For the record....I have yet to hear back from GulfStream.....

by8s
09-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Got the curtains back from the dry cleaners. They turned out fine, no shrinkage. Cost was $40.50. Thanks everyone for the replies.
Bob

quikduk
09-14-2007, 12:24 PM
We had stains on ours, probably from the DS window being left open during a drizzle.

The wife took them off, soaked them with (I think) Shout stain remover and let them sit for a couple of days. Washed on cold-gentle, dried on gentle and ironed them after that. They look and hang like new.

BTW, it was a bit of a pita re-hanging them...at least for me since I kept skipping a hanger and would have to remove most of them to get to the missed one. :roll:

Ken

rdlamb
09-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Nice to know everything turned out alright. When I rehung ours I left out the plastic rods that oppose the curtains. Later put them back to make the curtains hang better and close better.
Will still retro-fit with the MCD's later this year when we are in Texas.
Nice to know that sheet is gone Bob.
Rick