PDA

View Full Version : Flat Screen TVs

Curt Krueger
08-23-2007, 10:51 AM
I would like to change out our exsisting conventional tv with one of the new LCD models. We have an 05 Crescendo. I want to get rid of the front tv by placing the new flat screen on the front of the exsisting enclosure.
Anybody tried this yet? I would appreciate any ideas.

Curt

Bagman-ERI-retired
05-19-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm reading some of these posts and I can tell you what the dealer did on my RV. Since the 05 model TV would not work w/o the converter-he bought a new TV, had a cabinet maker make a matching door hinged at the top and mounted the new TV to the front of the door. Now I have extra storage space behind the door and a TV that receives the new signal on the antenna, I may install a dish system later for better reception and more channels. Hope this helped you.
Larry-new to RVing
PS-make sure you buy a TV that will clear the roof when you open the door-mine is a Samsung 19" that the base can be rotated 45 degrees to the rear. Since the audio on this TV is marginal-I am adding one of those small Blueray/FM'AM home theather systems to replace the RCA DVD/CD-should be a big improvement and now I can listen to radio.