View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 07:23 AM   #8
purduepete12

When I went to the storage lot battery was dead as I had left the parking lights on when I put it in storage. Jumped the battery and brought the RV home from the storage lot. Engaged parking brake, plugged in shore power put out bedroom slide to access the drawers, turned on fridge and everything was okay. Next morning wife said fridge was making clicking noise and clicking noise coming from step motor. Connector to step motor showed heat wear and seemed to be shorting inside. Unplugged shore power and battery terminal, spliced wires to step motor directly. Vehicle battery only showing 11.6 volts so I replaced it with a new one. Every time I hit the slide out switch it drains the coach batteries. Tried with engine running and same thing. Reset three 30 amp breakers in distribution panel, no help. Running fridge on propane.
Manual says there is a 50 amp breaker behind drivers seat, but I can't find anything there. I have 110 volt AC to the breaker panel and AC plugs work. Have 11.7 volts DC at the breaker box which is the same as the coach battery reading. It appears that the converter in not working , but I don't know where it is located. I expect that it is under the kitchen sink, but I can't access it as the dining room slide is in and it blocks the sink cabinet access.
purduepete12 is offline   Reply With Quote