View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
2019 255BH Newbie

Default Slide not all the way sealed at the bottom

I have a 2019 255BH and when I got it home from the dealer who is 3.5 hours away, I notice the bottom of my single slide was not full in. Maybe out 1 inch. Its tight at the top but a little out on the bottom. When I slide it out the interior top is flat against the seal but I have maybe 2 inches out from the seal at the bottom. Like its not all the way out. Yes I ran it till I heard the clicking. Yes the camper is level. I am guessing it may have settled on the way home as I did not notice this at the dealership. I have watched every you tube video I can find and I cant seem to get a clear understanding on which adjustment I need to make. Owners manual is very small and says nothing about how to adj. this. I am very mechanically inclined and I am sure with trial and error I could figure it out but I though someone on here could give me a quick education on this. The slide system is the type with two tracks under the slide and it has one motor on one end with a connecting rod that also turns the other end. I hear this is the original style of slide system from the day they started offering slides sometimes called rack and pinon. I know the 2 vertical bolts are to adj. the up and down and the bolts on the tracks them selves are to adj in and out meaning measured from the side of the camper out. I see an adj. on the rode that is parallel with one of the geared bars. It has 3 nuts, 2 that are jammed on ether side of a bracket and a third that is up against the canister on the end of the rod. With all that said, which ones of these area do I need to adj. I don't quit understand what tells the system to start slipping when its all the way out or all the way in. Sorry for so long a post but I just wanted to put it all out there with all the detail I could give. I know someone is going to say take it back but I feel not all work needs to go back to the dealer and they keep it for a month to make a simple 5 minute adj. I can do that with minor direction. Thanks for any help or direction to any sites on the subject.
2019 255BH Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote