View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 03:37 PM   #7
J79 Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck55 View Post
My newest problem with my 04 sun voyager. The speedometer just quit working. Took it camping in Jan and it was working fine. Took it to gas it up on Friday and it just didn’t work.

Now I’m old and the old cars that I used to work on had a cable from dash to transmission.

Anyone ever had this problem? And does anyone know. If it still uses a cable or something else.? I know new cars with digital and analog speedometers probably don’t use just a plain old cable

Any help would be appreciated
If it is your entire dash that stopped working then it could mean you need it repaired or replaced. A few years ago there was historical posts stating SunVoyagers electronic dash would go blank and there was a company who replaces them or repairs them if possible. My dash was acting up but after I found my starter was shorting into the electrical system and we replaced the starter every else went back to normal. The dealer had no clue stating my batteries were bad. I replaced the batteries but 3 months later I had electrical fluctuations in the dash and difficult slow starting unless I used the by pass start switch. Knock on wood, we have not had a problem with our 2005 38 ft gas 3 slide, SunVoyager, work horse chasi.
J79 Engine is offline   Reply With Quote