View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 07:10 PM   #10
Sudsy

Default seat belts

Well I think I mentioned in a previous post that I re-arranged our Atrium dining booth. When doing that job I found that the pressed wood flooring had soaked up so much moisture that I was stripping out the Lag Bolts that I used initially. Same size as original but the originals had most of the screw thread rusted away. I bolted the frame of the forward facing seat through the floor of the slide with 1/4" Carriage Bolts with the mushroom heads visible if you look under the slide room when it's out.

Now I have thought about putting a couple of seat belts at that seat BUT I will not consider it a safe place for kids. The slide room was not designed to have passenger seats.

Bolting down recliners would give me the willes too. We have our booth with a matching swivel recliner that is no way a proper seat to ride in. It is not bolted to the floor at all. I roll it out and back to the rear edge of the dining room table and claim it as my seat when camped. The original seat (chair) wasn't bolted down either. I have doubts about the seat belts on the hide a bed couch too.

I may be a little critical in my judgement since I made my living testing aircraft systems including structures. Mostly helicopters.

I think you are in Lakeland, Fla. My dad lived in Haines City years ago when he retired.

PS I have all of the books that came with the coach. Limited help there. The owners manual is the same one you got if you bought a camping trailer from them.

Sudsy