View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
Chuck v

Dave,

I have not been able to get any of the "universal" remotes that I have tried so far to operate my Jensen TV sets either. Not sure if these sets are different than the typical residential models, but I will observe that most flat screen TV receivers don't have front facing speakers which is a must considering the cabinetry used in both the front overhead location and in the bedroom. I am considering replacing my Jensen units with receivers that have built in ATSC digital terrestrial television tuners, but have not found any model that has the right combination of physical size and front facing audio -- may have to bite the bullet and put external speakers on the bedroom unit so different programming can be viewed there from what is being used in the front of the coach since that determines what audio is played via the Sony surround sound unit that drives the existing bedroom ceiling speakers...

I have not done this yet, but have considered going to a Camping World store with the coach and asking to try one of the new Jensen TV remotes that go with the sets they sell there with the existing TV sets in the coach. If it worked, I am sure that you can buy a replacement remote from them. Of course of you are also considering upgrading/replacing the Jensen TVs you won't need to do this.

The bedroom TV in my TM is operating on DC so it can be used when the generator is not running in overnight 'dry camping' situations. It may be that the special connector for the Aquos is a DC source of power and not AC -- a quick testing with a voltmeter should uncover the actual supply voltage and type of that cord and connector. You might also check the DC fuse panel to see if a TV dedicated fuse is found there as well.

Good luck in restoring your entertainment system and keep posting your progress here.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote