View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #10
sudsguzzler

Default Thank You

Dick & Chuck, thanks for the information. I know this should help me out. Dick, I too bought a repo and all of the electronice minus the tv's an hopefully all cabling were robbed. It's already been quite an investigation to find what's needed to get it back to 'factory'. I still don't know if I can. Gulf Stream really bastardized the entertainment systems with specialized equipment made by Riverpark, Inc such as the AVS100 or AVS200 which is some type of relay junction box with special connectors which distrubutes the video to the tvs along with 2 other special boxes, one of which is a 6/2 audio converterl which takes the 6 speaker leads from the Sony dvd and somehow transfers it into 2 channels and sends to another special box which I haven't exactly figured out yet, but they are made by Riverpark. The problem is that if I replace all of these boxes, which are available, I'll have another $700 in hardware invested without knowing if it will work when all put together. I'm researching right now to see if there's anyone local that can help me start over and implement a completely new setup. Thanks again for the help with the tvs. Right now, I understand that the technology in the tv's may not be perfect, but I want to crawl before I run, then, once I have funtional tv/dvd, etc., I can then start upgrading technology.
Dave
sudsguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote