View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #11
sudsguzzler

Default Entertainment system DVD, etc.

Well, it's been a long road, but I'm still not quite there with regard to my entertainment system. I have purchased all the necessary hardware such as a DVD surround system and all the special Riverpark hardware. I still cannot get my standard winegard off air crank antenna to get any reception whatsoever! I actually hooked up a cheap indoor HD/FM antenna and I pulled in about 30 local channels. The most I had pulled in with the standard antenna was 5. The largest problem I'm still having is with the audio/video distribution. Originally my T36 had the Riverpark AVS200-01 which allowed the inputs of a DVD, Dish, Vhs, Aux and then you could send any combination of these inputs to any or all of the coach TV's. The problem I'm having is that the AVS200-01 isn't made any longer, but has been replaced with the AVS200-HD. Same style box but the output connectors for sending to the TVs is a special plug which is different than the plugs I have in my coach which connected to the AVS200-01. I purchased pigtails which convert from the old to the new, but I'm not certain they're matched up properly. I get nothing. I even tried a small harness from Riverpark which has the new connector for the HD on one end with the standard RCA composite connectors on the tv end and the system works! According to Riverpark, they think all my existing wiring is bad to all my coach tv's. I still don't believe it. I think it has to do with the pigtail connectors. My options are: replace all the wiring to the tv's in the coach with the new harnesses which wouldn't be bad for the front tv, but I'm not going to try and run 35' to the back bedroom, or since the input to the AVS is RCA composite and the hookup to the TV is RCA composite, perhaps I can forget about the special plugs and take the wiring apart and splice the audio/video leads, or if someone has an old AVS200-01 leftover from an upgrade or if someone is using the AVS200-01 and is planning an upgrade, let me know. I know the upgrade of TV's and wiring would improve the picture and sound, but I'll be happy with it the way it originally was back in 2006. Thanks again to all who helped me out. This is a great site!! I've learned a lot in the last 6-8 weeks. I guess it's true what they say: Necessity is the Mother of invention!!!!
sudsguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote