View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 07:08 AM   #3
Dean Nix

LOL .... it DOES sound easy doesn't! Well I did it Yesterday. A buddy who owns my same 31FRBH floor plan came over to help. It absolutely required four hands. We used (2) 20 ton bottle jacks and (1) 2 ton bottle jack and blocks and cement pavers for height.

The first side went OK except for one bolt and nut casualty that I will need to replace this week. However the second side beat us silly. I think the problem was that we did in my yard where I park and it is not very level so on the high side (2nd side) we could get the spring at the right height but it would be an inch or two toward the axle. if we got it to the jake plate it was the at the wrong height. We pried every location but you just can not muscle one 2" whole inches.

We finally got all six locations done and it would appear that it gave the clearance I needed. A road test will say for sure.

If I ever do this again I would like it to be:
1) on very level ground
2) on pavement
3) 5 jacks would have been nice because the one side's tires on the ground does affect the other side's axle position when they are off the ground
4) no rain
'01 F250 C/C, Lariat, LWB, V-10 and 4.3 rear
That's 22' of truck
Last RV was a Class-a Cheiftain
Dean Nix is offline   Reply With Quote