View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psdtime View Post
Thanks for the reply, does your bed slide out? In my RV it is just the closet and the dresser. There is access to a metal plate through the bottom of the closet. I can see 4 bolts in it, while I was camping I was afraid to pull them off, and get in over my head. I'm not sure if that those four bolts are just holding a cover plate, or a lot more. Thanks for the tip about the cotter pin, if I get it apart, I will want to have something to put in there at least temporarily. Do you know what company made that slide?
Thanks again.

Yes my bed slides out. I'm sorry to say but I haven't a clue as to accessing the motor in your unit. Is it hanging from the metal plate you describe or is that just going to get you into the motor area? If the later then my instructions on the gear and pin are accurate. Hopefully the motor will be right there and the gear will be apparent. I would look under the motor and see if there are remains of whatever was in the gear for a shear pin. Now my coach was 11 years old when I got it. That area had been the focal point of some problem and it was apparent that someone else had been there before me. (I found this everywhere I found a problem) I may be that there was a set screw that stripped out and my PO had drilled it and pinned it with the cotter key. He did a lot of tinkering and had a lot of tools I think.

Sudsy