View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #12
pchicky

Chuckyboy.....I have no experience or have not heard of anybody putting heavier springs under the coach to stop the bounce. However, having goofed around with a bunch of classic cars and dealt with weak springs before, I can tell you that putting a heavier spring under a vehicle will make the compression less during a jolt, but the tradeoff is a harsher ride. Personally, if I didn't like the ride, I'd do exactly what you did first (heavier shocks) and then I'd go for air bags.

Let me ask a few clarifying questions....when you hit a dip in the road (maybe similar to going over a bridge), does your rig bounce once, twice, three times, or all the way across the bridge? Does it make the rig feel "out of control" any, or is it just annoying? What kind of shocks did you put on the rear? Also, just out of curiousity, what does the weight card in the coach (mine is located in the cabinet over the kitchen sink) say as the base weight (mine is 22,700) and the GVWR (mine is 25,999)? I'm just wondering what they said your should weigh....maybe that will help clarify any difference between the weight? Also, I have stuff in the basement, but they are only 1/2 full at the moment (and nothing alarmingly heavy), so maybe there is some difference at the scales between our rigs based upon that.

T.C., the weights are in my coach, which is not stored at my house at the moment....I can't recall the exact weights front to rear, just the total.
pchicky is offline   Reply With Quote