View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #14
JimBob

Gang, my 37 foot has a sticker on the drivers door that says frame extensions were done at Mor Ride International Elkhart, Indiana. I think Mor Ride does most of the frame work (read extensions) for the class C's on the road... In any case, the language of the sticker, as in "Mor Ride International" would indicate to me that any frame extensions were done with International's engineering's blessing. Just an opinion.

I think the process is that the frame rails are purchased by Gulfstream after a commitment for so many chassis from International. Some of those are then stretched by Mor Ride, depending on the model, and Gulfstream bolts on the box. This would apply for C's and A's it seems to me.

Guess the industry knows what the limits are by the various chassis frames that are out there. If there is an issue, on goes the tag axle. Guess 40-42 feet is the break point for A's, not sure what it is for C's but I know that Senecas had a world of issues with their 36 foot model. We had a 34 Seneca, and it was tolerable. Texas TC has repeatedly said his 34 foot model Nova owns a steady ride.

Our Nova 37 bounces in back on cement interstates, and you can't sleep in the bed while you are headed down the road, which you could do with the Seneca, but other than that, we have no complaints.

JimBob
08 Super Nova
Greenwood SC
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote