View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 12:31 PM   #43
RayChez1

Default Re: Scenic Cruiser owners

I had more things that needed adjustment when it was new. When I bought the coach brand new I noticed one of the levelers had a oil leak. I think all it needed was to tighten a compression nut, but the dealer said to change it out since it was under warranty. I also made some modifications inside the coach like putting drawers on a couple of cabinets that were just one big box. So my wife needed drawers and I installed two drawers on that one. Then there was this small closet on top of the washer dryer and I installed six drawers on that one. They come out perfect since I matched the walnut wood perfect.

Now on the engine which is a Cat engine I had a Huei pump go bad according to the shop that fixed it, even though I do not believe that was the problem because it was kind of strange that I had just driven several hundred miles and the coach was running perfect. I stopped to fuel at Flying J in Barstow, Ca. I started driving out and it stopped about a mile down the road. I still think that I might have gotten bad fuel and the filter had plugged up. But I did not have an extra fuel filter with me so I called Coach Net and they took it to a diesel shop where they said it was the Huei pump. Good thing I had extended warranty because total cost was $3400. It only cost me fifty dollar deductable.

Then it went for about eight years without any problems what so ever until last year. I noticed the engine was making a sound like a exhaust leak. My friend got under the coach and he said that it did have soot markings on the exhaust manifold. So I took it to Freightliner in Las Vegas to change the gasket out. Only problem when you take your coach to a big shop like that they can tell you many things that might not be true, and they did. They told me that because of the leak, that the manifold had to be changed out because they warp. Well! I did not believe that either, but I was at their mercy. So they installed a brand new three piece manifold. And since it was already their I told them to change out the air dryer filters. Total cost was $2200.00. So yes these coaches do require up keep and when they break down, they are expensive.

But over all in twelve years that I have being driving this coach, it has been a pretty good coach.

One thing that I did discover to make this coach have all kinds of power was to change the air filter I was using which was a Napa Wix air filter. Now I order my air filters through the internet from Racor, and man I can not believe how much more power it has climbing long grades.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote