View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 08:17 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Dave,

I will try to give a short explanation since we belong to FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association), Good Sam Lifetime Member, GulfStreamers International RV Club, Cardinal GulfStreamers (Ohio Chapter), and Freightliner Chassis Owners Club (must be a FMCA member to belong).

As you can see at times I believe we belong to too many, BUT the advantages are:

FMCA has an excellent monthly magazine, insurance benefits in case one would get sick on the road they will see that you coach is driven to your home or assist where you need it taken PLUS many others. If you like to attend rallies, FMCA puts on some great and large rallies ( for a fee). This is probably the most enrolled club of motorhome owners. Every member usually has the plaques on the front/rear of the coach with there membership number on it, ours is 322748. A directory is sent to each member that if one wants, they can look up the number and know where the member is from and their name.

Good Sam One of the most popular benefit is 10% off camping fees at participating RV parks. It has a great monthly magazine. Good Sam also has great rallies that one can attend (for a fee of course but it is reasonable) What I don't like is the tons of junk mail I get from the Affinity Group that owns Good Sam.

GulfStreamers Int. This is what I feel is the most important to a GS owner. This gives you access to the GS staff that you can develop great contacts at the factory. We have attended the Back Home Rally every year since we purchased our first GS coach in August 2002 plus some of the other rallies. At the Back Home Rally, the factory techs at there and they do repairs at NO cost to the owner, be warranty repairs or to a coach that is many years old. It has some good entertainment and great food. There is a round table were you get to discuss items with the management of Gulf Stream. There are many vendors that have booths at the BH Rally and I have received great information and also help with operational problems from them. Many of the dealers pay for the first year of membership to GS Int. when one purchases a new GS product. Our GulfStreamers member #9174, here again a directory is published for each member.

Local GulfStreamers chapter We just joined the local Ohio Cardinal chapter so I will have to hold my comments at this time until I see how it works out other than to say it gives you another reason to use the RV and meet people from your own state with the same interests. Usually a spring and fall rally is held by local chapters, some chapters have more.

Freightliner Chassis Owners Club One must belong to the FMCA to belong to the FCOC. The FCOC provides a news letter that is very informational about the Freightliner chassis and updates for it's care and use. FCOC has pre-rallies that are held usually before the big FMCA rallies.

That was a short explanation of some of the benefits of why we belong to some of the clubs. I am sure others can provide their opinions either pro or con of belonging to them. They have provided many sources and contacts that I would have not have made if we did not belong to them. I have also found many useful items in the magazines and information.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote