View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 01:50 PM   #7
kgbeaner

Default 23 TRS problems

I can't believe we just found this forum. My husband and I bought a 23 TRS in December 2005 (a 2006 model) and had so many problems on delivery that we didn't actually take delivery until the end of February 2006. The dealer/gulf stream paid for one month of the loan. We used it 3 times this spring and experienced a catastrophic failure of the rear slide when we were 500 miles away from home. We had to cut our trip short and bring the unit to the dealer. The dealer discovered a nightmare of water damage, mold, a slide motor totally dislodged and tangled. Now my husband is not a bozo and he went over the unit head to toe. He discovered that our water pump was never mounted also, and a whole list of other things that he fixed after we took deliver. Then at the dealers we also discovered mold and leaks and problems in the front end. So after one month of negotiations in prime camping season, we are now getting a replacement (and slight upgrade) to a model without a rear queen slide. Gulf Stream was reasonable about examining the unit and working things out with us. We are now awaiting our unit. The fellow who examined our unit was the plant manager of the gulf breeze model, and he readily admitted to serious growing pains in getting the new assembly line in shape. There are also some design changes made in the slide motor for the queen rear slide. Anyway, I seriously recommend taking your issues right to gulf stream and having your dealer back you up. There is only so much you can do. If your unit was manufactured in the "early days," they should be able to work something out with you. Keep us posted.
kgbeaner is offline   Reply With Quote