View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
jpf

Default Re: 2006 BT Cruiser 30 ft. rear shocks

I bought a firestone ride rite 2377 kit earlier this year with the intention to install it on a BT5291B. not new shocks I know.
However, the handling of the rv is fine and apart from sagging when fresh water was full, it's turned out to be less of a problem than I anticipated. I will probably fit them at some point though.
The reasoning behind choosing air bags is because handling really is good without upgrades. this rv is far more steady and sure footed than my old one so it's a pleasure to drive. I just felt being able to pump up the ride rites some when heavily loaded would reduce the sag under those conditions.
Currently I bottom out getting into and out of the drive unless I cut a good angle. But without the water on board (rarely necessary for me) and with the tanks dumped I can avoid the scraping by removing the tow ball and angling the approach so one wheel is on the incline before the other.

I realize this may not address your issues at all, but you didn't mention them and I wanted to supply enough info to give anyone reading this a general view.
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote