View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 02:30 AM   #7
RV Wizard

Darby,

I would propose that you use struts that have a reach of at least the travel distance of the bed slide. Since you will almost never try to lift the bed while the slide is in, I suggest you use this condition to your favor in the fact that when the slide is brought in the strut is actually unloaded (Extended) When the bed is slid out this would actually load (strut is retracted) the strut so that you can permanetly fix each end of the strut to both the bottom of the bed and the bed frame. You will also have to determine the pounds of strength you will need for this assistance you need for the weight of the bed board and mattress. I would think that a couple 120#'s might be close to the rating. You may want to use a latch type bungee to hold the bed down for traveling. It should stay down while stationary but a bump in the road could start the momentum of lift and it might lift up otherwise. Give this some thought and let me know what you think. I want ALL to know that if this idea works that I will be taking claim on it with Gulf Stream
iRV2.com -Gulf Stream Owners Forum Leader
2000 Scenic Cruiser
99 Chevy Silverado 4 X 4 Toad
2006 Saturn Vue AWD Toad
NASCAR #3 & #8
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote