View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 07:42 AM   #3
bhplumber

Default Re: Get my new 6331SN home today

Thanks SlimTim, After some more reading I think the whoosh sound is the infamous turbo fludder or fart. I haven't found where anyone has come up with a fix but if it doesn't affect the performance and wont leave me stranded because of it I'm not going to worry about it.

My local IH dealer didn't offer much help as far as doing a bumper to bumper chassis inspection. They actually suggested I call another local shop as the did not deal with RV's very often. What does it matter if there is a cargo box or a house on the back of the chassis, its still a IH 4200 with VT365? I haven't had a chance to get it to the other shop they recommended.

I did get the slide fixed. I thought the awning was catching and holding the rear of the slide from going out even with the front. After reading some more I discovered the shear bolt on drive gear for the front of the slide had come loose. The rear was just dragging the front out causing the bind. I squared up the slide and tightened the bolt and it works fine now.

I am looking at resealing the roof and am wondering if I should remove all old caulking before installing new or if just removing the loose, cracked caulking is enough. The seams are actually in pretty good shape. I was going to have a local RV shop do it but the quoted $650 which seems high to me. The same shop did my 37' DP 2 years ago for $350.
bhplumber is offline   Reply With Quote