View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #1
mickeycool42

Default 2006 Gulfstream Cavalier (i.e. FEMA trailer) Remodel

Hello Everyone,

First off please, please, please do not tell me what a crappy camper I have. I know how badly I got ripped off. But, this is what I have so I will repair it rather than have nothing.

So with that out of the way,

I have a 2006 Gulfstream Cavalier (i.e. FEMA trailer) and it needs a complete remodel. Currently demolishing the inside, then it will be covered for the winter and as soon as it warms up, the roof is going to be removed and rebuilt, then we will rebuild the inside a piece at a time.

My first request is this, does anyone know if the walls inside the camper are partition or load bearing, or how to find out. I really want to expand the bedroom and the bathroom, but not at the expense of caving the roof in.

My second request is can someone sum up the pros and cons and steps of redoing a roof with sheet rubber versus liquid rubber.

My third request is this, can someone who has redone the gutter system on a fema trailer tell me what you did?

BTW, I know that the whole roof is a shabby design including the gutters, just wondering about someone else's success.

Thank you very much,
Mickeycool42
mickeycool42 is offline   Reply With Quote