View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 05:01 AM   #8
Doug56

Default Re: Rear Electric Slideout Slow

I found the problems to be a combination of a couple of things. The switch that operates the electric motor takes the full current for the motor. I expected to find a relay to do this job but that is the way it is designed. I found that there is a volt drop across that switch and when jumping it out the slide operates much better. I have ordered a new switch which should help. I also found that in moving it several times in and out that it sometimes the slide starts to rack because it hangs up on the top front corner. There is a roller on a shaft that actually moves up and down in a tube. I found that sometimes it sticks which racks the slide out causing high current draw on the motor. I have treated that shaft with dry lube and it seems to be operating better. I may try penetrating fluid if it starts to hang up again. I am satisfied that the problem is resolved but I guess next season I will know for sure. I appreciates everyone help and suggestions. If only there were wiring diagrams for these coaches it would save a lot of time in troubleshooting.
Doug56 is offline   Reply With Quote