View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #4
Chuck v

Understood...

With the stacked appliances in my TM, the separate washer and dryer could handle laundry much more quickly than a combo machine that has to do both cycles on each load. I spent 5+ years living in the coach and did all my laundry there (about 4 or five loads each Saturday...) I used this routine to help structure the dumping my grey and black tanks, as I closed the grey valve when I started the wash, then after getting a mostly full grey tank from all those loads of wash I could dump the black tank and then follow it with the grey tank to flush out the hoses to the park hookup. For the rest of the week the black valve was left closed and the grey valve was left open (except in sub-zero weather when the grey valve was also closed and mid-week intermediate grey draining was performed...)

If your RV use allows the laundry mat use and the tourism you describe, then taking out the combo unit may suit your needs far better. You might considering setting the machine aside for reinstallation when it comes time to sell this coach if you have the means/space to store it...depending on how "custom" your pan storage and fireplace will be.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote