Thread: Norcold 1200lrm
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: Norcold 1200lrm

I have had real good luck with our Norcold 1200 LRIM. We just got back from a one month stay up at EastLake California about twenty miles from San Diego and the temperature around that area is like 75-80 degrees in the day time. The Norcold retained a temperature in the fridge of 34 degrees. Not sure how cold the freezer gets, but the steaks in there are solid as a rock. The ice cream is nice and hard. So yes I have read a lot about some having had some problems with their Norcolds 1200 LRIM, but if you stop and think how many have been installed, they are in the minority. You could have problems with anything that is mechanical. So I am going on twelve years with mine and the only problem I had one time a five amp fuse blew up on board that is located on the outside. You can get to it by removing the outside panel cover, open the black box and there it is. Other then that I can not complain.

I have also thought about going residential if it ever fails. Only one problem is that most residential refrigerators are like two inches taller then the Norcold 1200. I can not go up because it is up to the ceiling already and am not sure if I can go down because I believe that the furnace is there on the Scenic Cruisers.

You also have to have at least six house batteries, a pure sine inverter, some even add solar panels to keep the batteries charged if you do some dry camping.

So we are talking about some bucks to make the conversion. It probably would be easier to just buy another improved Norcold 1200 for $3500. and hope you get the same kind of service as the original.

We use the propane on the Norcold while driving and really like it.

Never have to worry about batteries going dead.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote