View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #7
robfogle

Send a message via MSN to robfogle

Well I was in the Dealer today and there was a GS sales rep there. The dealer invited into the meeting to talk to her about my purchase and thoughts on the Endura. My first question was "Does GS put a B/W rear view camera on the Endura". Her response was "Yes". I then asked why they do this and put a color monitor in the cab. She said she did not know, but would check into it. Since the Endura is one of their top of the line class C coaches, In my opinion, it is like putting a top of the line stereo system and using cheap speakers. Very disappointing.

I also discussed the way the factory connected the bedroom speakers to the Cab Radio and not being able to fade them or turn them down as they were connected to the front door speakers. She thought that the factory had just hooked the speakers to the wrong wires. I explained to her that the rear speaker wires are under the dash and not in the door kick panels. I also explained that this was not a one time occurrence and there were numerous other Endura owners not happy with this issue. She was curious how I knew about the other owners. I just said "The Internet". She then told me she would check into the issue.

She also discussed the Gold Program and was glad to know that I had already received the letter notifying us that we were part of the program. I asked her about changes at GS as I had received a second letter notifying about a change in Gold Program Reps. She told me that they were making changes to improve quality and customer satisfaction.

We also talked about some of the other minor issues that we had. Which she didn't seem to surprised at. I do realize that you will have issues with just about any new product that you buy that is as complex as most RV's are. To me the real issue is how well the manufacture and dealer choose to handle those issues.

All in all it was a good conversation with someone from GS. Hopefully she will take some of the feedback that I gave her back and it will be used to make positive changes.

Although I am still miffed about the backup camera!

SE Wisconsin

2007 Gulf Stream Endura 6340
1998 Bryant 196 Limited
robfogle is offline   Reply With Quote