Thread: Leaky Interior
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #13
Sudsy

Default My Fiberglass with Rubber Roof sealer

I am the new owner of an 05 GS Sun Voyager. It has a fiberglass roof and when I first looked at it it looked awful. I had a detailer friend come look at it and he said the fiberglass roof had been sealed with Rubber Roof sealer. It looks like hell but I really can't see it so much from the ground and not at all from where I sit. He said it didn't do any damage, The roof was resealed with Dicor before the roof sealer was applied and the dicor is under the sealer. My friend said it should last forever and it will be obvious if there is any erosion. I asked the previous owner and he admitted that a friend convinced him that "All" campers needed to be re-sealed every few years. I guess it actually has two coats. It didn't do any damage. I really don't have a picture of the roof. Getting ready to change the back-up camera and if I remember I will take a picture. Zoom in and you can see a little here.

Sudsy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-03-05 16.20.23.jpg (120.7 KB, 4 views)