View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
Texas TC

At 5:00 am in Carlsbad, NM this morning it was 31 degrees. Hit the starter after going through all the lights and nothing. Tried five times, waited, repeated five times, again and again. Called CoachNet and was preparing to have a mobile mechanic come out to raise the jacks (can't raise the jacks unless the engine is running) in preparation for being towed to Hobbs, NM when, try it one more time, it started right up. That was 6:30 am after trying to start it for an hour and a half. I even started the generator to keep all the batteries up.

I got home at 4:00 pm local time, unloaded, winterized cause it is supposed to get cold here Thanksgiving day, had dinner and took the coach straight to International. Gotta luv Southwest International, they stay open until midnight and on Saturdays (except Thanksgiving when they close on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). I will probably not get it back until next week after the cold weather sets in. I want them to see what I was going through.

I will post the fix when they do their diagnostic test.

Cold mornings are not my friend and I really hope they get this thing fixed. My wife said I jinxed it because I was telling her how well it was running on this trip. Other than starting problems, it absolutely ran flawlessly even through the mountains of AZ and NM. I turned 43,000 miles on this trip so the engine should certainly be broken in now and it sure runs like it is.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote