View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #4
riverofcode

Thanks for the walk thru. I have fixed the chassis harness so that it is connecting properly and was able to put a charger on them to get the engine to fire up. I already bought a Trik-L-Start module and will be putting that on after I figure out the house battery charging issue. No sense in making my life more difficult. I think the place to connect that is the hot sides of each of the respective disconnect solenoids in the rear bay.

This other transfer switch you mention "...The AC from the shore power (230v, 50 amp) goes Through a second transfer switch associated with the Diesel Generator and from there to two classes of loads. ...", where is it and how do I go about testing it? I am well versed in electricity/electronics and have a couple DMMs to poke around with. (ham radio operator) A schematic would be helpful.

I found the ATS under the bed and it seems to be working properly. Meaning it flips from shore to generator when shore is remove and generator is fired up, then back again when reversed. The green led comes on inside it like the diagram mentions. The charge converter under the bed has power at its 110v outlet and I did notice it humming at one point, although not as much as I would expect since the batteries were low. I have not crawled under there in the last couple days to take its cover off. When I probed the DC output I did get something near 12v but not sure if that was from the batteries or the converter. I tested the 2 fuses near the DC output and both are good.

One thing I did notice is that after/while the engine was running I had 12v in the coach for lights and such and the "Test" switch in the panel in the hallway was showing a couple leds for battery status. All the 12v fuses in both panels under the fridge are good.
riverofcode is offline   Reply With Quote