View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 02:38 PM   #6
riverofcode

Yes, the converter is the Intelipower 9180. I need to dig thru the books that I got with the RV and see if I have a book on it. Considering the 4 new 12v batteries they put in, what I might do is pull them out and put 2 of them in the rear and then go get 4 new 6v batteries to put back in the front. The Xantrex control panel flips between float charge and absorption charge when I happen to take a look at it from time to time as I walk in and out. That would leave me with 2 brand new 12v batteries to deal with in some manner. I have a trickle charger I can keep them happy with for now uninstalled.
My little battery maintainer has some smarts built in that claims the existing 12v house batteries are "bad"...now how it determines that is beyond me. I assume it tries to charge them and then tests them or does a current check during a charge cycle.

I think tomorrow I may look at moving them around. If I do I may just leave 2 of them hooked up in the front for load until I get the 6v'ers. We are in the process of removing cabinet doors and flooring so she can paint and I can lay down new flooring so we aren't using it anyway.
riverofcode is offline   Reply With Quote