View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
budster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller
I assume you don't have holding tanks for water? That's the primary thing missing from the FEMA models.

Leaks in the roof have been relatively common and you should probably consider re-sealing the rubber membrane on the top of the camper.

I found problems with the plumbing, specifically the tub drain. it was cracked at the bottom of the pea trap.

Other than that, for me it's just been general checkout and everything has been working fine.
Spent most of the day restocking our unit and doing more inspections. We found out that we need to replace our toilet tank because of a crack on the side of the tank that goes all the way through.

We are not planning on adding any holding tanks since we are seasonal campers at Jellystone Campground.

I assume I can check my tub drain by removing the panel on the side of the tub ?

I do plan on re-sealing the roof. Checked all propane lines and all working fine with no leaks. Another thing that I did was redo all wood cabinets and floor with a solution called "Rejuvinate". What a improvement to the cabinets. The unit now looks like it came right off the showroom floor.

So in short, nothing major at this time or expensive. Will continue to take our time and read the forum for any hints.

P.S. One thing that I took notice to was the drain tube for the unit is a SCREW ON MOUNT. I am unable to locate the proper mount. Can you suggest a dealer who sells the adapter ?
budster is offline   Reply With Quote