View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #37
dsomonster

Default Re: I did it!Orderd Acs Superride!

I noticed the pitch too, but better than the jarring harshness of the ride prior to the bags. I know the pitch is not as bad as prior to the ACE system because I have spot on my street where I would lightly grind my back levelers when I pulled my trailer fully loaded. Even with the pitch noticed by my "seat of the pants measuring system", I do not ever scrape the rear levelers anymore.

I also noticed this side to side dipping motion in Class A's that I drive or ride in. In my camping group we have anywhere from 2-5 Class A rigs and I get to ride in them all the time. I am the designated camp site parking attendant so I get to drive them even if it is in reverse most of the time. That side to side dipping motion is there on the Class A rigs also. My RV tech says that is the norm on air ride suspensions and that is what gives it the plush like ride. He has a Class A (thing is over half a million dollars) and he has all the bells and whistles he installed to make his rig one of the best I've seen. It is a Country Coach Affinity and I would venture to say he has another $100-$150k in the upgrades. He gets everything at wholesale and does the labor himself so I am sure it is not that much.

Anyways, when he first installed the ACE system on my rig, that is the first thing I noticed when pulling it out of his driveway. It dipped pretty low in the corner. He was with me on the test drive and was laughing when my eyes bugged out. He assured me not to worry and the air ride will tend to do it more vs leaf springs and shocks. The rest of the test drive went without a hitch. I loved it. When we got back, we jumped in his rig and went down the driveway and it leaned in to the corner just like the Nova did. Nowadays, I accept it for what it is and keep on camping. It is just a different feeling.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You have a sweet setup, get on out there and enjoy the lifestyle. I know I will this Labor Day weekend. Headed out to Big Bear, CA. Not a long drive but I will get 200 miles out of it and some really steep up hills.

I will keep you posted.

-Ron