View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 06:56 AM   #10
Steveg

Default Update: AC unit pollutes food and bed

We took our first trip that needed AC, at Lake Guntersville State Park, May 12, 2018. As my wife cooked we noticed trash particles all about the kitchen and floor. While eating I discovered trash in my food. Later that night, at bedtime we switched the AC vent to blow into the bedroom. We got up during the night because sawdust particles were in our sheets, causing great discomfort, and the inability to sleep. It was then I figured out that the AC vents were filled with trash, and they were slowly discharging the trash into our bed. Then I recalled trash in our food, and remembered that there is a vent over the stove top/kitchen table area. Wood fibers had blown into our chili. So we had to suffer that out until I got home. When home I took the shop vac and sucked the vent while the fan ran for an hour or so. You would think they would take steps to prevent their customers from swallowing the filth produced during construction, just for liability purposes. But, that would take a minute or so of labor they are unwilling to spend. I had to attend a funeral the next day, and felt terrible during it from the poor nights rest.
Steveg is offline   Reply With Quote