View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #3
RJ82much

Hi EHill,

I'll try not to make the response too long nor technical, You have a lot of things to check, all of which are fairly easy. Some may seem obvious (a "DUH" factor), some you'd never thought of, & some may not fit the conditions you've described. Humor me though.

* Check that both disconnects are "ON" just inside the entry door.
* Check that all circuit breakers are "ON" within your power compartment (not sure where it's at on diesels). There will be heavy red wiring mounted to the compartment walls & lots of relays & circuit breakers, big & small. You have to look closely to find the small "flag" on each circuit breaker. Make sure that all flags are pushed in to the closed position.
* My Onan generator is forever tripping one leg of the 2 circuit breakers right at the generator. Open the compartment door (is your's in the front?), lift off the generator cover (no tools required) and operate each circuit breaker to assure both are reset.
* The charger supposedly has a line breaker (someplace - I'm not sure where). My notes say that it is in the power compartment with the other electrical equipment & wiring. My charger is under the bed & I believe there is a DC circuit breaker panel on the bed base. Just look to see if anything is tripped in any of those panels.

That's enough for the 1st go-around. Let us know how you make out.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote