View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #27
atberger1

Default Re: Trouble with ABS Controller.

I thought I joined the club for having to replace the ABS Controller. A few weeks back the warning buzzer came on, low break fluid light and low break pressure light came on when slowing coming to a toll. Right away I remembered reading on this forum about the ABS module problem happening around 30,000 miles. I had about 30,500 on my 2008 Super Nova 6400. I pulled over and checked the brake fluid reservoir which was full. I also had full break pressure when pressing the brake peddle. I was about 35 miles from home so I decided to drive on. After re-starting the engine, the alarm and warning lights went off. About 5 miles later they came on and stayed on for the remainder of the drive. It took two weeks to get an appointment at my local International dealer. After about a week I got a call from them asking me if I have ever replaced the starter batteries. I had not. They said that when they ran the computer check on the module it was coming up with low voltage. I knew the batteries were nearing their end so I said replace them. Sure enough that fixed the problem. The International dealer said they checked with Meritor, the maker of the module and they said that it is usually low batteries or a bad ground that causes the module to appear to be faulty and in most cases it does not need replaced. In my case they appear to be right as I have not had the issue come up in my last two trips for a couple hundred miles . Just wanted to share my experience as many have had this issue and had an expensive replacement bill.

Tom