View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
GStream40
Site Team

Yes, We belong to the Gulf Stream International.

Yes, We also belong to the Ohio Cardinal GulfStreamers.

Yes, We will also continue to support the GulfStreamers International.

If one does NOT want to belong to a GulfStream ONLY RV club, then there are plenty others out there the you can join if you can see more benefit in the others.

It states in the GulfStreamers charter that a member MUST own a Gulf Stream to be a member. PERIOD, case closed!
If one wants to own a SOB, such as Tiffin, Fleetwood, Monaco, ETC, then I don't see why they don't join one of there clubs, why would they want to be in Gulfstreamers????

Gulf Stream is still making/building motorhomes, just not diesel powered at the present time. Also, the Gulfstreamers is for the Class C and towables, let's not forget about those. The market for the towables is still going strong. The diesel pusher market is down right now thanks to the economy, but it will be back.

Let's not kick Gulf Stream while they are down, I am sure in the future the market will pick up and Gulf Stream along with the suppliers will be able to support the International rallies like they did in the past.

The wife and I have attended 5 Back Home International rallies and three other International Rallies. Let me tell you, they were the best that one can attend.

I know that there were a couple of members that purchased Tiffin motorhomes then wanted to keep their membership in Gulstreamers, now they knew the requirements to be a member BEFORE they purchased Tiffin. Don't get me wrong, both couples are very nice people and really involved in the Gulf Streamers International, BUT it was their decision to move to Tiffin motorhomes, in doing so they knew they would need to move to another RV club not associated and owned by Gulf Stream.

I know that what I have stated will upset some, so be it.

But the Gulfstreamers RV club is owned by Gulf Stream company and if they want the requirement that you MUST own a Gulf Stream RV to be a member of the International and a Chapter, I personally see no problem with that.

If you want to be a local RV club with a mixed bag of RV's, then start up a Good Sam Chapter or start your own "Skeeter Beeter" camping club.

But for myself and many others, we will continue to be Gulfstreamers belonging to the International as long as I own a Gulf Stream RV.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote