View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 12:04 PM   #1
darbyjudy

Default How tight should the main awning spring be

I am taking the MH back to La Mesa on Tuesday for a couple of things for them to do under warrenty. I also talked to them about loosing the tension on the spring on the main awning. It is a 20 ft awning from A&E with the medal wrap cover. I have never had one with the medal wrap . It appears to be to be awful tight, for when I release the lever to roll back up, I really must have a good hold on it or it will take the strap through my hand and give me a good rope burn. The other one I had didn't do that. Does it have to be this tight on the medal wrap? I am afraid it will get away from me and break something when it slams against the MH. this is on a 2004 Sun Voyager model 8379. I don't want to have them loosen it and then find out it should be tight.
Another thing I don't like is the main awning goes out over the bedroom slide, they have two little wheels on the slide so it doesn't tear the awning, but to me it doesn't look too good. I was think of installing something along the lip of the slide out to better protect the awning. Has anyone did this on this model MH?