View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 11:44 PM   #19
hossross

I've investigated the BACKUP ALARM and DISTANCE MEASURING SYSTEM. aka, Backup Warning / Obstacle Detection System. this is mostly for documentation as it was only used for a few years, 2005 and 2006 are known years based on owner reports. It is an obsolete product, so fewer and fewer people will want information about it, but wanted to post what I learned since it is getting harder and harder to find anyone with knowledge of the system. If it doesn't work, I have no repair information. The, device is a combination external back up beeper, and a distance measuring devise. The distance display was to be mounted on the IP panel just above the drivers left knee, and appears to be the old LED stick number display. The warning beeper was mounted externally at the very rear of the vehicle. The logic box on my coach (B Touring Cruiser model 5250) was along the rear wall under the cabinet. I suspect on all models it would be along the rear wall, as it is wired into the rear back up lamps, the external beeper is behind the bumper facia, also this puts it close to the 2 black round sensors, There is a 2 wire lead from the box to the cab for the distance display. There was excess wire to the display, so looks like they used this design on many lengths of coaches, it also is logical since moving the box forward would require lengthening multiple wires. The box inputs are 2 sensors (left and right), 2 power wires (12V & Neg), and 2 wires, the output are the beeper warning, and the distance display. The back up camera taps in at the same backup lamp wire splice. Both the camera and the display are only activated when the shift lever is in "Reverse". July 23, 2020
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote