View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 07:27 AM   #5
jerryscott

Default Re: Front Main Headlights Fogged

Richard, the ONLY thing that polishing does is the OUTSIDE of the headlight.
MINE is on the INSIDE of the glass. You can polish the outside until the cows come home and it will have absolutely no impact on the cloudy inside.
Before it finally dawned on me that polishing the outside wasn't the problem I bought several kits that I'm sure were decent but didn't do one bit of good.
I FINALLY got the light out by breaking the white plastic mounting brackets. Then I actually removed the FRONT glass lens and used paint thinner to wipe down the inside and it actually looks clear now, BUT, I really don't want to go through the hassle of putting this light back in so I'm looking at either buying a new one or replacing it with a simple round headlight. I can mount a new light in the enclosure as long as the mounting locations are visible to the outside.
I used the other suggestion of looking up the number on the glass to see what it is but, that didn't resolve to one light, it gives a BUNCH of options and all German. If this is what German engineering is I really don't care for it. The mounting hardware is NOT clear to how to remove not is the screw head is NOT anything I have (and I have about every option there is). It's not a Phillips, 'maybe' a type of Phillips what doesn't have a point, just flat on the end which is very close to a Torx but that doesn't line up either.
jerryscott is offline   Reply With Quote